Important Update: Due to COVID -19
Due to COVID-19, PCTA is limiting class sizes to maintain social distancing. I hope you will choose PCTA as your training provider.
On September 1, 2017, House Bill 1508 (85th Leg., Reg. Sess.) becomes effective. If you have or plan to completed a training course with us, we wish to inform you of the following:
- Please be advised under the Private Security Act (Occ. Code Chapter 1702) and Administrative Rule 35.4 (37 Tex. Admin. Code 1), a criminal conviction may disqualify you from a registration, commission or license under the Act.
- You may wish to review Rule 35.4’s list of disqualifying offenses and the related periods of ineligibility, available on the department’s website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/psb/index.htm (click on the link to Administrative Code).
- You also have a right to request from the department a criminal history evaluation letter under Occupations Code Section 53.102.”
If you have additional questions regarding eligibility or the above rules, please contact: Licensing and Registration Service Regulatory Service Division, Texas Department of Public Safety (512) 424-7293
Best Regards, Price's Cowtown Training Academy
Additional changes. Level III classes are now 45 hours long instead of 40 hours. 4 person minimum required for security classes. OC spray will be an additional class. There is also a Level IV renewal course that is required by the state of Texas. LEVEL III class times have changed to Monday - Thursday 8:15-6:15 and Friday 8:15-12:15.
|Dates for 2022|
|Level 3||May 16th-20th||Jun 13th-17th||Jul 11th-15th||Aug 15th-19th|
|Level 4||May 19th-20th||Jun 16th-17th||Jul 14th-15th||Aug 18th-19th|
|Renewal||May 5th & 26th||Jun 9th & 23rd||Jul 7th & 21st||Aug 11th & 25th|
|Baton||May 20th||Jun 17th||Jul 15th||Aug 19th|
|OC Spray||May 18th||Jun 15th||JUl 13th||Aug 17th|
|Handcuffing||May 18th||Jun 15th||Jul 13th||Aug 17th|
Classes offered at Price's Cowtown Training Academy. Please click links to learn more about each class and Enroll.
All classes are held at PCTA HQ
9125 Alabama St. Joshua, Texas 76058
- Level II Texas Non-Commissioned Security Officer
Please read Instructions.
- Level III Texas Commissioned Security Officer
- Level III Renewal
(6 hours of Continuing Education + pistol re-qualification)
- Level III Renewal
(6 hours of Continuing Education + pistol and Shotgun re-qualification)
- Level IV Texas Personal Protection Officer
- Level IV Renewal
- Baton, Handcuffing, OC Spray
- Level III and Level IV Combined Training Week
- Level III and Level IV Combined Renewal
- TX DPS/PBS Security Manager and Private Investigator Renewal -- Renew
Deposit required on ALL classes! Reserve your training today.
*Refund Policy - If you cancel your training class your deposit can be used for a future class. However if you request a refund of your deposit a $25.00 Administration fee will be deduced from your deposit Price's Cowtown Training Academy Fort Worth, Texas
Contact Jan Price for additional information about our services:
Send Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817 360-6707
We will also come to your location to train groups of 10 or more.