Important Update: Due to COVID -19
Due to COVID-19, PCTA is limiting class sizes to maintain social distancing. I hope you will choose PCTA as your training provider.
On September 1, 2017, House Bill 1508 (85th Leg., Reg. Sess.) becomes effective. If you have or plan to completed a training course with us, we wish to inform you of the following:
- Please be advised under the Private Security Act (Occ. Code Chapter 1702) and Administrative Rule 35.4 (37 Tex. Admin. Code 1), a criminal conviction may disqualify you from a registration, commission or license under the Act.
- You may wish to review Rule 35.4’s list of disqualifying offenses and the related periods of ineligibility, available on the department’s website at http://www.dps.texas.gov/rsd/psb/index.htm (click on the link to Administrative Code).
- You also have a right to request from the department a criminal history evaluation letter under Occupations Code Section 53.102.”
If you have additional questions regarding eligibility or the above rules, please contact: Licensing and Registration Service Regulatory Service Division, Texas Department of Public Safety (512) 424-7293
Best Regards, Price's Cowtown Training Academy
Additional changes. Level III classes are now 45 hours long instead of 40 hours. 4 person minimum required for security classes. OC spray will be an additional class. There is also a Level IV renewal course that is required by the state of Texas. LEVEL III class times have changed to Monday - Thursday 8:15-6:15 and Friday 8:15-12:15.
|Level 3||Jan 11th-15th||Feb 15th-19th||Mar 15th-19th||Apr 12th-16th|
|Level 4||jan 13th-14th||Feb 18th-19th||Mar 18th-19th||Apr 15th-16th|
Classes offered at Price's Cowtown Training Academy. Please click links to learn more about each class and Enroll.
- Level II Texas Non-Commissioned Security Officer
Please read Instructions.
- Level III Texas Commissioned Security Officer
- Level III Renewal
(6 hours of Continuing Education + pistol re-qualification)
- Level III Renewal
(6 hours of Continuing Education + pistol and Shotgun re-qualification)
- Level IV Texas Personal Protection Officer
- Level IV Renewal
- Baton, Handcuffing, OC Spray
- Level III and Level IV Combined Training Week
- Level III and Level IV Combined Renewal
- TX DPS/PBS Security Manager and Private Investigator Renewal -- Renew
Deposit required on ALL classes! Reserve your training today.
*Refund Policy - If you cancel your training class your deposit can be used for a future class. However if you request a refund of your deposit a $25.00 Administration fee will be deduced from your deposit Price's Cowtown Training Academy Fort Worth, Texas
Contact Jan Price for additional information about our services:
Send Email to email@example.com or call 817 360-6707
We will also come to your location to train groups of 10 or more.