Important Update: Due to COVID -19
PCTA will be limited in class sizes to allow for social distancing. I hope you will choose PCTA as your training provider.
Stay safe, Air Hugs are good 🙂
Information on Texas License To Carry
Thank you for your interest in the License To Carry (LTC) Course. This page is intended to briefly outline the policies and procedures regarding class enrollment and clarify some of the issues about LTC law.
First, to apply for a LTC, you must be:
- A legal resident of Texas. (non-resident licenses are available)
- 21 years of age or older, excluding military exemption. (You may take the course 6 months prior to your 21st birthday.)
- Not Chemically dependent on drugs or alcohol or of unsound mind.
- Not convicted of a felony in any state, at any time.
- Not convicted of a class A or class B misdemeanor within the past 5 years.
Not subject to a restraining order or protective order. If you meet the minimum requirements above and wish to apply for a license to carry, you may obtain an application by doing one of the following:
1. Apply online: go to www.texasonline.com , select online services, license to carry and complete the application. You will need a credit card.
2. Just arrive on the day of the class you’ve signed up for and your instructor will have a packet ready for you.
3. Renewal students must contact the DPS directly, either online or by phone (1-800-224-5744) to receive your renewal packet. Instructors do not have packets for renewal students.
Fingerprints contact Fast Fingerprints at 1 877-932-2435 or www.fastfingerprints.com
Firearms Rental $15.00 (Cash)
Course Length: Initial classes: 4 hours (minimum by state law). THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE RANGE TIME
Range Time: additional 2 hours
Renewal classes: NO LONGER REQUIRED BY THE STATE
Written test: All students must score 70% or higher.
Range Proficiency: All students must score 70% or higher.
All students must qualify with a .32 caliber firearm or larger.
All students must be capable of safely handling their firearms. This includes the loading of magazines.
No class time is available to teach basic shooting skills. If you believe you will have difficulty passing the proficiency test, you may want to enroll in a basic shooting course. These courses are available below.
*Course dates subject to change. Please check with instructor before booking class.*
email@example.com (817) 360-6707
*Minimum of 6 people required for class.
Texas License To Carry Training Course $85.00
Learn the laws and skills to qualify to open carry or carry a concealed handgun in Texas for personal protection. This is a 1 day (4 hour) course of study and testing mandated by the state.
LTC Refresher $35.00
YOU ARE NO LONGER REQUIRED TO SHOW PROFICIENCY OR UNDERSTANDING OF LAWS, HOWEVER I AM OFFERING A UPDATE ON LAWS CLASS. - It is the same 4 hours of the initial class but no written test is given and you may or may not shoot. That will be up to you. If you wish to shoot there will be a range fee added to this class.
Price's Cowtown Training Academy Joshua, Texas
Contact Jan Price for additional information about our services:
Send Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 817 360-6707